1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Well done Ancestry

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Bob Spiers, Jan 4, 2015.

1. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Tim, when I saw your screenshot : "James Tomlinson" of Freckleton,Lancs. At a glance, I read it as "James Titterington". This is probably because I have Titterington ancestors from Newton with Scales,Lancs. and Freckleton has cropped up as a place name in my searches.

Also the name Tomlinson seems familiar; must have a look, they may well have crossed paths:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

That would be good Emjay, I'm always on the look out for new Lost Cousins ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

No Titterington at the back - this is supposed to be a serious discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tim

Lol :D

5. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Ah! Sir Laughalot

6. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Time for some new glasses emjay ? :D Oh no not the new glasses debate again !!! :cool:

There was a girl at school in Darwen Lancashire named Anne Titterington and I think she came from somewhere near Bolton. Thought you might like to know that !!o_O

7. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

I think it was the familiar look of the 'ancestors profile' (Ancestry), although dislexia could be the answer? I misread a first aid tip today as: 'cover the bum with cling film', not a lot use for a burn unless that is the affected area;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Quite honestly I cannot for the life of me think of an answer to that :rolleyes: come on Tim surely you can think of something o_O

9. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Cheeky;) and a bit of a burn deal:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tim

Me? I just turned the other cheek :)

11. JohnHR

JohnHR New Member

I have a direct connection between Tomlinson and Titterington my mother's side of the family.
    My 2xGreat Aunt Ann Tomlinson (1839-1929) married John Babb (1832-1880).
    Their daughter Elizabeth Ann Babb (1862-1931), married Francis James Chapman (1860-1932).
    Their daughter Florence Chapman (1884-1968) married Edward Gilman Titterington (1878-1961).
    Perhaps you are also physic Peter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

JohnHR, I'll have a look at my tree later.

13. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

My Titteringtons are from the Kirkham, Fylde area