1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Military Medals on The Genealogist

Discussion in 'Military records' started by AndyMick, Aug 12, 2014.

1. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

From Peter's latest newsletter, I see The Genealogist has Military Medals listed. I can see 2 possible entries for my grandfather*. The site states "Subscribe to see: Source, Service Number, Regiment, Rank, London Gazette Date and other details" most of which I can get from the London Gazette. Does The Genealogist have the citation?

*My grandfather was Charles Stubbs RE 61842.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

No - there are no citations on The Genealogist, but have you checked what the National Archives have to say on the subject?

3. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

Not yet...
    Thanks Peter.
    There's also a £1 sub to FMP to check out as well - busy times!