1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Another free offer from Ancestry

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Margery, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Ancestry.com.au is offering free access to all Australian records this weekend, finishing Monday(our time).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  2. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

Thanks for the heads up Margery. This offer is more useful to me than the recent US offer.

3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Same for me - Australia had more of lure for my ancestors than USA. I have just spent 'too long' tidying up the Aussie bit of my tree, disposing of some hangers on and finding some marriages I didn't know of.

4. Norman

I'm not sure "lure" is the right word - "deportation" would be more accurate. ;) In my case, I should have added. :(

5. Liberty

Of my relatives it seems to be the case that they went of their own accord.

6. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Any ideas how to take advantage of this? It either wants me to login and then upgrade to worldwide subscription, or register for a 14 day trial.

7. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Also on offer for £1 is one month access to The British Newspaper Archive quoting code : SUMMERSALE . Available until 20 July

8. Liberty

Anne, I just logged in with my basic (free) UK-based subscription and had no problems seeing the records.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Norman

After logging in to Ancestry scroll to bottom of page and select Australia.

Even without selecting the Australian site I have quite a number of "hints" for Australian records showing up in the UK site.

10. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Just tried again, and it worked this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

The Ancestry offer is made again this week-end - Australia Day!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Thanks Margery, I was just feeling in need of a change in research this weekend:)