1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Find Property

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by SLJ, Jun 4, 2017.

1. SLJ

SLJ LostCousins Member

Where can I search to find where a property is from the 1939 register is today?(assuming it still stands)

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried Google Maps?

3. SLJ

SLJ LostCousins Member

Hi Tim, Yes have tried google maps, unfortunately the village doesn't exist any more. All I have is a picture from family album with house name and the entry from the 1939 register. The village of Raisthorpe with Burdale does appear on old maps but only one dwelling that I can identify and that is Raisthorpe manor . There used to be cottages near the Burdale Tunnels, but no longer there.

4. Tim

Have you tried here?

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Tim

Or at the maps here?

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. Tim

upload_2017-6-4_14-51-13.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. MaryL

MaryL Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SLJ

SLJ LostCousins Member

Thanks to both, Tim and MaryL. I'm beginning to think Holly lodge only became called that around 1931(as dated and named under the photo) and was something else before and after. I have tried cross referencing all properties across census, but as they are never taken in house order not much help and Holly Lodge only appears in 1939.