1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

BDM records in New South Wales

Discussion in 'Australia - More resources' started by Fern49, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

A link to the official BDM records in N.S.W.

• Early church records (1788 - 1855 baptism, marriage, burial)
    • Registry records from 1856 to ...
      • births (up to 100 years ago)
      • deaths (up to 30 years ago)
      • marriages (up to 50 years ago)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Emilypos

Emilypos Member

The NSW BDM Registry add another year to the on line indexes every 1 Jan. Currently births are on line to 1912. However back in the the early 1990s the Federation CD was published covering births, deaths and marriages to 1918. Tis a funny old world sometimes.................

Bye

Emilypos

3. Siobhan

Siobhan LostCousins Member

The site Transcriptions.com.au is a commercial site which is approved by NSW to do transcriptions of NSW BMD records. It is cheaper to order a transcription than a formal record - which can save money if one is unsure that the record is for one of your ancestors. I know genealogists who use the service and are satisfied with it. I have not used it myself as no Australian ancestors. I do know that the site has special offers from time to time, so it could be worthwhile one signing up for the newsletter.

4. MarionK

MarionK Moderator Staff Member

There are 3 transcription agents in NSW - Marilyn Rowan, Joy Murrin & Laurie Turtle. Marilyn's website is the link provided by JALimestonePlain. Joy's website is here Laurie's website is here

All 3 provide an excellent service & are highly recommended

5. Siobhan

Siobhan LostCousins Member

Good Marion that the post has brought out two other sites. It is good that more sites are being posted for Australia - keep them coming - I think as I am an amateur Australian researcher I will leave it to the more experienced Australian researchers to keep on adding to the Australian resources:)