1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1941 census

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Rhian, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

As far as I was aware the 1941 census was not carried out, due to more pressing problems!

This weekend though I came across a reference to my fathers 'location for 1941 census purposes.' art2.png
    I was entering details from his military records, which I had just received, which showed him as a patient in hospital in Sudan.

Perhaps there were many people in the forces who were also recorded for census purposes but the details were never collated?

There is a blog post about him here, with a link to his online profile if anyone is interested,

• Great question Great question x 1
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Interesting - I'd like to know what the reference O2E/1655 refers to (an order, perhaps)? I've discovered that O2E stands for "Officer in charge 2nd Echelon (Adjutant-General's Branch)"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

Yes, the number was the order number and he was part of the 2nd Echelon. I had some problems reading the bit between patient and hosp. I think it is another reference to 2nd Eschelon, (II eshn.)