1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1939 Register - Search by ED Code

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Bob Spiers, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I know I have searched the 1939 Register by ED Code before having likely read about in the Forum or perhaps elsewhere; I forget. So please can someone remind how I search using the ED Code.

The ED Code is shown on every original Page (in this instance I want to discover the area shown as QFGD). As I recall the search will identify a specific area and allow further interrogation backwards and forwards, street by street, and road by road sort of thing. I found it useful but now I want to do it again I have literally forgotten how it was accomplished.

I have looked under Advanced search but the option to search by code does not seem to be there.

Many thanks

2. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Tony you're a star. Just what I wanted, many thanks.

4. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

While on the topic of the 1939 Register, I have just had a different problem where a person is shown on the original image but not the transcription. It is not easy to report such an error as to do that needs the original transcription entry as a base. Has anyone else come across something similar and what is the best way to report the missing transcription entry?

5. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

I have used the "contact us" link to report items relating to records - such as missing images/transcriptions that were in Ancestry's set.

Phil