1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lack of 19th Century Census records in Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Bob Spiers, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Thanks for that tip AHNZ although my main research about my Irish roots was quite a few years ago, I don't recall that website unless I knew it in another guise. I will certainly check it out now and I am sure the tip will come in handy for others.

2. Marriage  - Edward O'Malley_Bridget O'Malley - Registrars entry.jpg
    It was quite a few years ago when i was using Roots too. I'm not sure how long I've been using the alternative but what I really like is being able to see the actual registers. They look like Parish registers but they are the Civil Registrar's entries. I was especially thrilled to find my great grandparents marriage in 1872. I had all sorts of different versions, including a photo of the actual church register that my brother obtained but it wasn't quite the same as what i got from Irish Genealogy.
    Attached is my great grandparents marriage from Irish Genealogy.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Kane133

Kane133 LostCousins Member