1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Enter family through DNA matches

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by PeterM, Jun 29, 2019.

1. PeterM

PeterM LostCousins Member

I am unable to enter my family on Lost Cousins that were living in Northern Ireland as there is no census for 1881 and they have all emigrated by 1901. I have confirmed some family living in USA, Canada and Australia through DNA and with what little records are available. Can these be added as family using census information from these countries? There are then other DNA matches that I have to the family that I cannot confirm through records. Because of the quite rare family name - Menah/Menagh - I am certain there is a match. Should I add these as family?