1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How You can Help Yourself to Taste Success!

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by Red Dragon, May 10, 2013.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon LostCousins Megastar

Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
    • 28 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,947 new entries have been added and
    • 146 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining even if this is a low week for them. New Entries and Relatives matched are both up on last week. Ratio of new entries to matches was 13.3, so roughly on average every 14th person added made a new match.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches. Everyone wins.

Good Luck Everyone!

Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site
    upload_2018-11-30_10-8-37.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 40 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,228 new entries have been added and
    • 89 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers up this week except Relatives matched, and always good to see New Members joining. Another steady week with members doing some great groundwork for future weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-12-7_10-17-5.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins. This last weeks update!
    • 21 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,213 new entries have been added and
    • 30 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers down this week, but always good to see New Members joining. Another quiet week and not to turn this into a weather update, but we've had a lot of rain this week.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-12-21_11-36-18.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 48 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,504 new entries have been added and
    • 153 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers up this week, and always good to see New Members joining. Numbers tend to get a bit quiet as we move towards Christmas.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-12-21_11-41-54.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

My annual competition starts TODAY and runs until the end of January so I'm looking forward to some positive numbers over the next few weeks.

6. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 214 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 14,126 new entries have been added and
    • 890 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers up this week, and always good to see New Members joining and what a lot of new members this week!! A competition with great prizes AND Lost Cousins is free until Jan 6th. Let's see if we can keep up these great numbers for another week at least.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-12-28_12-39-59.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. peter

Remember to invite your DNA cousins to join - the offer code is on your My Summary page - and not just the cousins where you've figured out how you're related, but any experienced researchers that you're corresponding with who would benefit from following the advice in my DNA Masterclass.

8. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 127 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 13,066 new entries have been added and
    • 889 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers down this week, but, not by much and still very impressive. The competition seems to have spurred people into joining and uploading their relatives. And did everyone notice that last week the Match Potential increased again?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-1-4_10-5-38.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Is there a link to specific info I could share with my FTAnalyzer user group?

10. peter

The DNA Masterclass is here. If you're emailing your users you can also share with them the code on your My Summary page, which gives new LostCousins members a free subscription upgrade (more details here), or else I can create a special code for FTA users.

11. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 81 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 8,412 new entries have been added and
    • 121 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers down this week, but, still very impressive. The competition seems to have spurred people into joining and uploading their relatives.
    Not sure why the relatives matched is slow low, maybe someone has removed their account?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-1-11_10-59-12.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. peter

Yes, a few people have closed their accounts - possibly because it's the start of a new year. So the number of new members, new entries, and new matches is actually higher than would appear from the stats.

13. peter

Everyone should have seen an increase in their Match Potential this weekend - mine went up from 9.6273 to 10.0978

And (completely coincidentally) I made a new match! All without adding any new relatives this month.

14. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 76 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 10,941 new entries have been added and
    • -57 relatives have been matched.
    A bit of a confusing week this week. New Members and New Entries show some great figures, but unfortunately Relatives Matched has gone down. I'm guessing some other accounts have been closed. Peter's competition is still progressing and I hear that some really great news is imminent on adding your ancestors to the Lost Cousins site.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-1-18_12-48-24.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  15. peter

I think it's the result of the closure of a test account (used to check out the pending new feature).

16. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Of course that's possible Peter, and I don't know how many people were added in the test account and how many of them generated matches, or indeed that the account was created before last Friday, but looking at previous reports that Red has made, adding nearly 11k New entries should generate at least some matches?

17. peter

I'm sure the new entries did generate matches - but I suspect that every entry in the test account was matched, so deleting that one account with 689 entries could have cancelled all the others out, and more. It was the only significant account closure this week.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  18. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 111 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 29,347 new entries have been added and
    • 858 relatives have been matched.
    So another impressive week. All figures up this week. Peter's competition is still on till Thursday and FTAnalyzer has released it's new feature of being able to directly load your Relatives from your tree into Lost Cousins. This is only available to users of the Forum and members of FTAnalyzer FaceBook Group at the moment. Release to readers of the Newsletter should be soon.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-1-25_10-23-47.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  19. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 89 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 35,916 new entries have been added and
    • 1,827 relatives have been matched.
    Well what an amazing week that was! Just under 36k New Entries making it the most New Entries we've ever had in a single week. And 1,827 Matches which ranks it 2nd highest for the week.

So why's this happened I hear you ask. Well there's 2 very good reasons, this was the last week of Peter's competition with it's amazing prizes and our very own Alexander has been able to develop a new feature in FTAnalyzer which enables you to load your relatives straight from your gedcom file! This has made a huge difference and opened up Lost Cousins to those members who had huge trees but were struggling with time to load them into Lost Cousins.
    Even though this has vastly slashed the time it takes to enter (I entered about 200 in 50 seconds), there is still an onus on us to check that the data loaded is correct, and Peter has helped here by having those little grey arrows next to the Census Refs, so that we can easily check the data that's been loaded.

I for one can't wait until Peter announces that this new feature is live to everyone in his Newsletter, can you imagine the numbers then? I want to see over 100k in a week!!

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-2-1_10-40-6.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  20. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 47 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 6,301 new entries have been added and
    • 904 relatives have been matched.
    All numbers down this week, but not really surprising considering Peter's competition has finished and readers of the Newsletter are waiting for Peter's announcement, but always good to see New Members joining. But the numbers are still up on an average week from before the competition.

The ratio of New Entries added to New Matches was 6.97, this means that on average every 7th person added produced a match. This is great to see and it all comes from the hard work of members adding their relatives into Lost Cousins. Great work everyone.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2019-2-8_10-11-28.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1