1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Census

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by CarolB08, Apr 13, 2017.

1. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Does anyone know if there were any regular census taken in New Zealand about 1841 onwards?
    I have a family who emigrated about that time and would like to try to follow their lives.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. JohnB

JohnB LostCousins Member

There are copies of Census taken in Nelson 1845 and 1849 available, but those are the only ones I am aware of.
    All other Census data in New Zealand has been destroyed. However, there are Electoral Rolls and many other sources for lists of people.

Here is a good place to get help - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/new-zealand/

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Many thanks JohnB that's a great help.