1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Wales to USA

Discussion in 'Wales' started by SLJ, Dec 2, 2016.

1. SLJ

SLJ LostCousins Member

Hello
    I am looking for a Welsh family with the name Lewis. I can find them in 1870 and 1880, in Tioga, Pennsylvania. According to the 1880 census a child was born in Morris Run, Tioga The next time I locate the family is 1891 back in Wales and the mother is now a widow and the daughter age 23 has come home with a different surname and also a widow along with a daughter of yet a different surname. I have been unable to find the family leaving Wales for the USA or even coming back.
    Looking for the births, marriages and deaths is proving impossible. Please help.